FullTime - Wakefield, England/Visakhapatnam, India/Hyderabad, India
We are an innovative technology services company, since 2001 we have been providing mission critical systems and their support for some of the leading financial institutions around the world. The solutions provided by us are part of millions of people’s everyday life in making payments or online transactions. Our global team are from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding services for our customers. Our team enjoys this thought provoking and rewarding environment. Our customers tell us that our team are some of the best they have worked with – not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude. As part of the Pinion team, you will develop those core skills while delivering critical technology solutions for a variety of customers.
- Work across various business areas to develop a holistic understanding of the business and data needs
- Identify the consumption patterns and gaps in data and reporting for each of the user personas
- Be a thought leader and influencer of key decisions around various aspects of data supply chain
- Work with data architect to influence the design of the base data layer to optimize across consumption patterns
- Lead the design and development of common semantic layer enforcing data integrity and minimizing data duplicacy
- Define and enforce best practices for report design and development
- Challenge the status quo and collaborate with the technical and business teams to drive data self-serve
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to report developers that engage in various business areas to ensure standard user experience
- Work with the reporting architect to influence the design of the base data model as well as the semantic layer
- Advise business and data & reporting teams on solutions that cater to their needs and the best tools of choice to build out the solution
- Crisp and effective communication of complex technical problems and solutions to audiences ranging from business users to data and technology teams to drive common understanding and facilitate decision making
- Advanced SQL skills
- 15+ years of experience in data warehousing and reporting
- Expertise in variety of reporting tools including SSRS, Power BI, QlikView etc.
- Experience in data model and designing sematic layers
- Good knowledge of consumer finance business
- Strong verbal/ written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with peers and business stakeholders
1 - Apply
Read the job profile to the left- but don’t worry if you think you’re short of the skills we’re looking for. We have plenty of roles available for people with all levels of experience. So, please go ahead and apply even if you are short of few skills. We would like for people to evolve with us. Our talent team does a great job at matching everything up.
2 - Meet
Interested in hearing more about this role? Wondering how Pinion can benefit you professionally? Here’s your chance to ask us! We’ll initially schedule an informal phone chat. If at the end of this chat we both agree that we’re a great match for each other, we’ll invite you round to meet the team face to face.
3 - Join
After we meet, if we still think that we’re a great match for each other, we’ll make you an offer. We promise it won’t be long before you hear from us. Once you accept, your new colleagues will begin planning for your first days at Pinion, while our talent team will continue to be on hand to answer all of your questions.