Senior Software Developer
FullTime - United States
We are an innovative technology services company, since 2001 we have been providing mission critical systems and their support for some of the leading financial institutions around the world. The solutions provided by us are part of millions of people’s everyday life in making payments or online transactions. Our global team are from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding services for our customers. Our team enjoys this thought provoking and rewarding environment. Our customers tell us that our team are some of the best they have worked with – not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude. As part of the Pinion team, you will develop those core skills while delivering critical technology solutions for a variety of customers.
- Gather and analyze user requirements, design and develop new software, modify and test commercial client server applications, evaluate existing and emerging software, full life cycle development to perform sophisticated software engineering jobs.
- Provide ongoing support for system modification, maintenance, optimization, and prepare documentation.
- Participate in system & database design meetings.
- Meet with clients to resolve ongoing development issues.
- Travel and relocation possible to unanticipated locations throughout the U.S.
- Integrate web applications with other websites using Web API calls to automate data transfer.
- Create applications using using C++ and Object Oriented Programming techniques.
- Work in Agile environment using Microsoft teams to plan, create tasks for various projects, assign tasks and attend regular meetings with team members and the manager.
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software including, but not limited to: web applications utilizing OOP techniques, C++ applications, SQL Databases, Reporting queries etc.
- Create detailed technical documentation for reference and reporting which includes documents such as Database schema, use case diagrams, User requirements, End-Users Views, Security requirements, Data Recovery and Backup, Testing and Evaluation, Report details and structure for reports.
- Design and Develop software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Automate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using DevOps tools for new and existing software. Specifically, Microsoft Azure cloud solutions and integrate with other middleware technologies.
- Research, Analyze and Implement effective and efficient GitHub branching strategies that works best with the development of applications as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for various environments such as Development, Staging, QA and Production.
- Provide education and training on the documentation and design standards of new and existing software to stakeholders in participating systems. This usually involves arranging a training session with the staff that will be using the particular software as well as providing support on any issues they might face at any point of time.
- Attend meetings to discuss on updates, test, gather feedback and brainstorm for ideas to improve existing software and implement changes.
- At least 8 years relevant professional experience in Software Engineering
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to work independently and communicate.
- Openminded to help with whatever needs to be done
- Solid Object Oriented Programming (OOP) knowledge to create extensible and reusable software components.
- Experience with C++
- Good understanding of Linux and Windows systems
- Comfortable with cross-compilers and remote debugging
- Some experience with modern embedded systems (e.g. Raspberry Pi) Security awareness and network protocols
1 - Apply
Read the job profile to the left- but don’t worry if you think you’re short of the skills we’re looking for. We have plenty of roles available for people with all levels of experience. So, please go ahead and apply even if you are short of few skills. We would like for people to evolve with us. Our talent team does a great job at matching everything up.
2 - Meet
Interested in hearing more about this role? Wondering how Pinion can benefit you professionally? Here’s your chance to ask us! We’ll initially schedule an informal phone chat. If at the end of this chat we both agree that we’re a great match for each other, we’ll invite you round to meet the team face to face.
3 - Join
After we meet, if we still think that we’re a great match for each other, we’ll make you an offer. We promise it won’t be long before you hear from us. Once you accept, your new colleagues will begin planning for your first days at Pinion, while our talent team will continue to be on hand to answer all of your questions.