FullTime - Wakefield, England/Visakhapatnam, India/Hyderabad, India
Pinion is looking for a self-motivated Software Developer who will be engaged in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models using BODS/Informatica/IICS tools. Participate in design, support meeting and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs. This job requires extensive knowledge of Production Support techniques in Data Operations space with DevOps tools, best practices and ensure SDLC is followed.
- Gather and analyze user requirements, design and develop new software, modify and test data management solutions, evaluate existing and emerging software, full life cycle development to perform sophisticated software engineering jobs.
- Provide ongoing support for system modification, maintenance, optimization, and prepare documentation.
- Participate in system & database design meetings.
- Work with clients across the world in development and supportof data solutions
- Meet with clients to resolve ongoing development issues.
- Travel and relocation possible to unanticipated locations throughout the U.S. and Europe.
- Develop applications using BODS, Informatica, IICS utilizing best of data management techniques.
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing applications including, but not limited to: BODS, Informatica, IICS ETL code, SQLServer, Azure SQL Databases, PowerBI Reporting queries etc.
- Create detailed technical documentation for reference and reporting which includes documents such as Database schema, use case diagrams, User requirements, End-Users Views, Security requirements, Data Recovery and Backup, Testing and Evaluation, Report details and structure for reports.
- Work in Agile environment using Microsoft Office 365 tools to plan, create tasks for various projects, assign tasks and attend regular meetings with team members and the manager.
- Design and Develop software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Automate Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using DevOps tools for new and existing software. Specifically, Microsoft Azure cloud solutions and integrate with other middleware technologies.
- Research, Analyze and Implement effective and efficient code repository techniques that works best with the development of applications as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for various environments such as Development, Staging, QA and Production.
- Provide education and training on the documentation and design standards of new and existing software to stakeholders in participating systems. This usually involves arranging a training session with the staff that will be using the particular software as well as providing support on any issues they might face at any point of time.
- Attend meetings to discuss on updates, test, gather feedback and brainstorm for ideas to improve existing software and implement changes.
- At least 8 years relevant professional experience in Software Development and Data Warehouse Operations
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to work independently with diverse teams located across the world and communicate effectively.
- Openminded to help with whatever needs to be done for client delivery
- Functional knowledge of the lending financial systems
- Solid Data Management knowledge
- Experience with tools like BODS, Informatica and IICS, SQL Server, Azure and Data solutions
- Good understanding of Linux and Windows systems
- Experience with data integration solutions in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of credit Origination and Management sytems like Preview, CoreView, NETS etc.
1 - Apply
Read the job profile to the left- but don’t worry if you think you’re short of the skills we’re looking for. We have plenty of roles available for people with all levels of experience. So, please go ahead and apply even if you are short of few skills. We would like for people to evolve with us. Our talent team does a great job at matching everything up.
2 - Meet
Interested in hearing more about this role? Wondering how Pinion can benefit you professionally? Here’s your chance to ask us! We’ll initially schedule an informal phone chat. If at the end of this chat we both agree that we’re a great match for each other, we’ll invite you round to meet the team face to face.
3 - Join
After we meet, if we still think that we’re a great match for each other, we’ll make you an offer. We promise it won’t be long before you hear from us. Once you accept, your new colleagues will begin planning for your first days at Pinion, while our talent team will continue to be on hand to answer all of your questions.