Business Systems/Data Analyst
FullTime - Wakefield, England/Visakhapatnam, India/Hyderabad, India
We are an innovative technology services company, since 2001 we have been providing mission critical systems and their support for some of the leading financial institutions around the world. The solutions provided by us are part of millions of people’s everyday life in making payments or online transactions. Our global team are from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding services for our customers. Our team enjoys this thought provoking and rewarding environment. Our customers tell us that our team are some of the best they have worked with – not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude. As part of the Pinion team, you will develop those core skills while delivering critical technology solutions for a variety of customers.
- Analyze the current reports to identify the lineage from data to reports
- Work with the business to understand the business process and map out the process to data requirements
- Work closely with Data Warehouse partners to translate the reporting requirements into data requirements
- Work with the Data Stewards to define the data elements and the metrics
- Align the business and technology stakeholders and drive conversations to drive alignment on data definitions
- Create detailed requirements for the data teams, capturing functional and non functional requirements
- Work with the Data Governance team to align the solution to the data governance standards
- Build and maintain a good relationship with business and IT partners
- Working with stakeholders to develop the report wireframes for business to review and approve
- Provide inputs and guidance to the data teams on solution design
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure adequate coverage of test cases and guide on testing approaches
- Engage with the business users to ensure successful completion of user acceptance testing
- Work closely with the report developers to build out the reports based on wireframes, and define report availability and performance SLAs
- Cater communication around complex technical problems and solutions to audiences ranging from business users to data and technology teams
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter or other ETL tools to be able to understand the code and break down the logic
- Experience creating wireframes and interacting with business users
- Experience working on Microsoft Azure Technologies
- Experience building reports in SSRS Power BI or a similar tool
- Experience with other reporting/analytics tools is a plus
- Good knowledge of consumer finance business
- Strong verbal/ written communication skills
1 - Apply
Read the job profile to the left- but don’t worry if you think you’re short of the skills we’re looking for. We have plenty of roles available for people with all levels of experience. So, please go ahead and apply even if you are short of few skills. We would like for people to evolve with us. Our talent team does a great job at matching everything up.
2 - Meet
Interested in hearing more about this role? Wondering how Pinion can benefit you professionally? Here’s your chance to ask us! We’ll initially schedule an informal phone chat. If at the end of this chat we both agree that we’re a great match for each other, we’ll invite you round to meet the team face to face.
3 - Join
After we meet, if we still think that we’re a great match for each other, we’ll make you an offer. We promise it won’t be long before you hear from us. Once you accept, your new colleagues will begin planning for your first days at Pinion, while our talent team will continue to be on hand to answer all of your questions.